The WT3-201M motorized wire crimp pull tester is designed to measure pull-off forces of up to 200 lbF [1 kN] for wire and tube terminations. The tester conforms to numerous UL, ISO, ASTM, SAE, MIL, and other requirements for destructive testing. Non-destructive testing is also possible, such as pulling to a load or maintaining a load for a specified period of time, as per the requirements of UL 486A/B. Programmable pass/fail limits with red and green indicators and audio alerts help identify non-conforming samples.
The tester accommodates most insulation types and wire sizes up to AWG 3 (0.25 in [6.3 mm] OD). Samples can be sent to Mark-10 for evaluation prior to purchase. Auto-start automatically begins the test when the wire sample has been loaded. When the sample breaks, the tester can auto-reverse, output the peak force, store the peak force, and zero the display automatically, thereby increasing testing throughput. Further testing efficiency is achieved via the available Profiles function, through which multiple test setups may be saved and recalled as required.
On-board data storage and statistical calculations is provided for up to 2,000 readings, with available date and time stamp for each saved data point. Data can be transferred to a PC or other data collector via USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), or analog outputs.
The WT3-201M includes MESUR Lite data acquisition software. MESUR Lite tabulates continuous or single point data. One-click export to Excel allows for further data manipulation.
- Measures real-time and peak force values
- Selectable test speed, w/high speed approach and reverse
- Auto-start upon sample insertion
- Auto-reverse at sample break or load
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), and analog outputs
- Automatic reverse / output / data storage / zeroing upon sample break helps automate testing processes
- 2,000-point data memory with statistics, output, and date and time stamp (date and time stamp is optional)
- Password protection prevents unauthorized changes
- Pass / fail indicators, audio alerts, and outputs
- Save and recall up to 500 profiles for various test requirements (optional function) Pull to a specified load or maintain load for a specified period of time, as per UL 486A/B (optional functions)
- Date / time stamp for all saved data (optional function
- Force Measurement
Capacity x Resolution: 200 x 0.1 lbF | 3200 x 2 ozF | 100 x 0.05 kgF | 1,000 x 0.5 N | 1 x 0.0005 kN
Accuracy: ±0.2% of full scale
Wire gauge range: AWG30 - AWG 3 [0.01 - 0.25 in (0.3 - 6.3 mm) dia.]
Sample length range: Minimum 6.5 in [165 mm], excluding termination
Max. elongation: 1.7 in [43 mm]
Speed range: Test speed: 0.4 - 12.0 in/min [10 - 300 mm/min]
Approach/reverse speed: 13.0 - 96.0 in/min [325 - 2,400 mm/min]
Universal input 80-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz